FanThreeSixty Mobile App
From a scores & schedules app... to a critical tool for engaging fans during a pandemic.
The FanThreeSixty mobile app gives sports orgs a way to learn about their fans, communicate with targeted audiences, and provide fans with amazing experiences inside-and-outside the venue.
Our clients range from statewide high school associations, to Division I colleges, to professional franchises and world-class venues. We’ve released over 45 apps for both iOS and Android, with still more to come.
In 2017, I became the lead designer on the product, and I've worked with product managers, engineers, executives, and other designers to:
- Build a design system — Create and maintain design libraries that can be shared between designers for quick and consistent design + prototyping
- Explore new features — Concept, prototype, and test features to elegantly (and simply) solve people's problems
- Figure out what's next — Research and interview fans + clients to find what's important to them, how to make their lives easier, and prioritize the roadmap to make it happen
- Streamline release processes — Create asset libraries (sketch & figma) to quickly export app assets for new clients on both iOS and Android. That includes all screen sizes and resolutions (xxxhdpi omg), and even custom app screenshots for the app stores
- Get features to the finish line — Pitch to stakeholders, collaborate with engineers, agonize over details, and Oregon Trail that shit to Prod
- Market and launch updates — Send email updates announcing new features, explaining benefits, and directing to documentation and tutorials
- Show 'em what's 💯 — Mock-up content ideas for clients to use IRL, and use our app internally to test and validate ideas